Our next makeup challenge is going to be very exciting. This challenge’s theme is “STAR WARS,” and we are letting all of you amazing artists take the theme and run with it! Get creative, your options are endless. Do you want to create a prothestics makeup of a Snoke or Darth Maul? Maybe a fun beauty makeup replicating Princess Laya? Or an avant garde beauty makeup inspired by one of the Star Wars characters like the iconic artist Pat McGrath did for the Cover Girl campaigns? There are so many options!!!
Our guest artists are Cat Paschen and Niko Gonzalez. You may have seen them on the hit TV show Faceoff or have run into them at the many conventions that they have done demos at. Their careers have been highly successful with work on films, TV shows, commercials and also at Universal Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights and Grinchmas. Cat and Niko travel the world doing what they love and recently launched their new prosthetics line “DYAD FX.” Are you excited to possibly have these two amazing artists see YOUR work?!
STARTING DATE: MAY 24TH 2018
ENDING DATE: JUNE 19TH 2018 (this has been officially extended!)
GUEST JUDGES: CAT PASCHEN AND NIKO GONZALEZ
THEME: STAR WARS
*Grand prize includes products from Moonplay Cosmetics, MEL Products, Eurpean Body Art, and DYAD Prosthetic pieces*
How To Enter
1. Above there is a “Makeup Challenge Entry” button. This is your digital ticket to enter our makeup challenge. It is $7 per entry, and you can submit as many entries as you like. CLICK HERE to submit your entry fee.
2. After you submit your donation(s), then E-mail Kacy@whatittakesfilm.com with 2 photos of the work you are entering. ONE before photo and ONE finished photo. You are more than welcome (actually we suggest it!) to send more than one finished photo so we can see more of the work from different sides/angles. These photos do not require a fancy camera. A simple photo taken from your phone works great!
3. Copy and paste the receipt number into your e-mail entry
4. Type the following info in your e-mail entry:
5. Lastly, type in one question you would like to ask the judges! If your work is chosen as the #1 finalist, your question will be answered by the guest judges!
Rules and Regulations
“What It Takes” Makeup Challenge rules and regulations
What It Takes is conducting our 6th #makeupchallenge starting MAY 24TH and ending on JUNE 19TH!
There will be only one theme and two judges
This challenge is open to any any all individuals over the age of 18.
Makeup Challenge theme: STAR WARS
Judge: CAT PASCHEN AND NIKO GONZALEZ
Requirements to enter:
MUST be age 18 or older*
Entry fee: $7
1 progress photo
1 final finished makeup
Confirmation number of payment
One question for the judge (can be anything your heart desires!)
*ANYONE UNDER 18 REQUIRES PERMISSION FROM PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN
1. Can I enter more than once? Yes! Each entry is $7, so if you want to enter 3 times, your entry would be $21.
2. How many times can we enter per week? There is no limit! Enter as many times as you want. However, If you enter without paying the donation fee, your work will be disqualified.
3. Can we do self application or does it have to be on another person? – Yes you can! We will accept self application or on a model.
4. Is there a limit on what type of makeup we can use? No. We want everyone to get as creative as possible. Face paint, body paint, prosthetics, beauty makeup and avant garde are all acceptable.
5. Can we share this on our Instagram? Absolutely! If you share on your Instagram, be sure to follow and tag @whatit_takesmua and tag us using #WITChallenge
6. Does the makeup have to be full body? No, It does not. Ideally the makeup will be done from shoulder up. But we do not require you to do a full body.
7. Is hair and wardrobe required as a part of the entry? No it’s not, however, it does complete a look and creates a better chance of being in the finalists round. The What It Takes team considers this when choosing which makeups will be sent over to the guest judges.
8. Is this open for artists outside of the States?: Yes! If you live outside of the U.S., you are still eligible to enter.. If you are outside of the U.S. and win any of the prizes, there could be a potential delay due to shipping internationally.
9. If I am a finalist and/or prize winner, when will I receive my prize?: We will send out prizes once the challenge is OFFICIALLY over. Some delays may occur due to delays from our sponsors.